Smart Oral Motor
Smart Oral Motor is a speech and oral motor skills training app designed for children with Apraxia of Speech, Down syndrome or craniofacial anomalies that experience difficulties with their oral motor skills. The app allows a parent or therapist to facilitate children's oral motor skills, which are needed for basic functions such as eating and speaking.
- It includes 15 oral motor exercises, auditory information, and animations.
- Parents and therapists have the ability to adjust the number of repetitions per movement as they please.
- Clever, the duck, provides auditory and visual cues for practicing several oral motor exercises such as:
- Puckering lips.
- Making an “o” with the mouth.
- Sending a kiss.
- Moving tongue to sides.
- Puffing cheeks.
- Touching cheeks using the tongue.
- Moving the tongue up and down.
- Therapists will evaluate and provide full guidance on how to best use this application.
- If parents are working with their therapists in trying to develop a home program for their child, this can be one resource.
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.