NaturalPoint's SmartNav 4 is a hands-free mouse alternative that allows control of a computer by moving the head. SmartNav integrates a hardware design with customizable software package, resulting in a solution for both the ergonomic and assistive technology communities. Users can place a paper-thin tiny reflective dot on the part of their body they'd like to control the cursor with and SmartNav uses an infrared (IR) camera to track their head movements. Preferred options include head, hand, hat, glasses and mic boom.
- Mounts on top of a monitor, laptop or communication device facing the user. SmartNav can also be threaded onto a mini tripod and sit next to a computer. The device can be placed anywhere as long as it can see the reflective accessory the users have chosen to wear.
- Less than an inch of head movement is more than enough to move the cursor across an entire screen. SmartNav has a 45 degree Field of View (FOV) and usually sits about 2 feet away from the head.
- SmartNav offers multiple clicking options.
- Dwell-Clicking Software (Only SmartNav 4:AT)
- Ability Switches
- Improved light filtering.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac.
- System Requirements:
- 500 MHz Processor.
- USB 1.1 or 2.0 port.
- CD-ROM drive.
Options & Accessories:
- SmartNav 4:EG : includes dwell clicking software, allowing for complete cursor control specifically for people with ALS, spinal cord injuries, muscular dystrophy, and other special needs.
- SmartNav 4:AT : ideal for the prevention and relief of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Repetitive Strain Injury by fully eliminating muscular stress in the wrist and allowing for complete recovery.
This product is discontinued by the manufacturer, but it may still be available for purchase from third party vendors. Try searching the product by name on the internet. Be careful as the manufacturer may no longer support it - or support it for long.