Sounds of the House - Lite
Sounds of the House – Lite is an app designed for children on the spectrum who can memorize sounds for a very short span of time. It enables people to teach children how to identify the sounds and help them understand what is going on around them.
- The app has a free version that allows the child to play up to 5 activities and share their scores on Facebook.
- The app engages children and helps them learn new things about their own household appliances.
- The app was developed for children with autism to help them recognize the sounds of various household appliances such as a washing machine, vacuum cleaner, toaster, coffeemaker, and blender.
- The app, with the aid of assistive technology, helps build receptive skills that are essential to live an independent life.
- Built on the discrete trial part of applied behavior analysis, it includes colorful audio-visual prompts and an interactive gameplay environment.
- In the gameplay environment, the child is first introduced to a set of sounds before he or she is asked to link a particular sound to its correct source.
- For each question, there is one correct source and one distracter.
- Available languages include English, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
- Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.