Speech2RTT is an Android communication application (app) that enables individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing or have a speech disability to communicate with others. Once a wireless connection is established using a phone number, using the app, every word each user speaks/types is transcribed into text, error corrected, and then streamed in real-time to the other party’s smartphone.
- The message can be typed, if preferred, using the smartphone’s virtual, physical, or Bluetooth keyboard. Then the other party can read the streamed text on his smartphone and reply using either speech-to-RTT or two-way RTT.
- In the case of using speech to real-time text, words are streamed one-by-one. In the case of typing, words are streamed character-by-character, in real-time.
- Works across all wireless networks.
- It does not pose any limits on the length of RTT conversations.
- It can transcribe any one of 68 languages in 94 different countries.
- Provides free local, national, and international RTT conversations.
- 100% private since no communications assistants (CAs) are involved.
- It is available for use 24 hours a day.
- Requires Android 4.1 and up.
See product in Google Play.