Spok21 is a direct selection or combination direct selection and scanning communicator, designed for use by individuals with communication or speech disabilities. Intended for use by literate communicators who can utilize the device's phrase memories, this text-to-speech communicator can be accessed using the combination keyboard or scanning as needed. The communicator is available with a choice of the combination keyboard or a direct selection keyboard only.
- Large user display shows up to seven lines of text, offers small, medium and large fonts, while the forward-facing display shows two lines of text, making it easy for the listeners to follow conversations.
- High quality speech synthesis is available in many languages with the Babel synthesizer. You toggle between any two languages which reside on the Spok21 at the same time. Two integrated speakers provide loud, clear output.
Options & Accessories:
- The Spok21 can be ordered with these languages: U.S. English, French, Spanish (only male), G.B. English, German, Swedish, Italian (only male), Danish (only male), Dutch, Finish (only male).
- There are keyboard choices to be made at purchase. The Combi keyboard is a multi-purpose system which can be used by touch or as a switch scanning system. Another keyboard that is for direct selection only. These keyboards can be purchased in QWERTY or ABCDE layouts.
- There is also a membrane keyboard and a notebook keyboard available. An evaluation center or loan bank may choose to have a variety of these keyboards on hand, as they are easily interchangeable.
- Available in a number of colors.
This product is discontinued by the manufacturer, but it may still be available for purchase from third party vendors. Try searching the product by name on the internet. Be careful as the manufacturer may no longer support it - or support it for long.