Story Builder is a Windows-based program developed specifically for students with special needs that gets them involved in creating stories that they can interactively read on the screen or print out.
- Skills introduced: Reading and Choice Making.
- Students write their books by assembling pre-written pages related to a topic that they choose, such as "The Class Trip."
- The student can choose to write a particular page to their book, or skip a particular page, and they can control the path that the story takes.
- Once they make a decision they can choose to include (or not to include) pages about various aspects of the story.
- Students can read or write their books using a mouse, 1 or 2 switches, or a touch window.
- Data is collected for each student that can be viewed in a spreadsheet or text format.
- The program can also be used to create personalized photo albums.
- It comes with a collection of pre-written pages, called story templates.
- It comes with 25 different story templates covering a variety of topics.
- Additional story templates can be downloaded for free.
- Windows Versions: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP.
- 300 MB Hard Disk Space.
Options & Accessories:
Available in these configurations:
- CD (can be installed on one computer at a time).
- Download (can be installed on one computer at a time).
- Classroom License CD (can be installed on an unlimited number of computers as long as they are in the same physical classroom).