StoryPals - Basic
StoryPals - Basic is a reading tutorial, story reading, and story writing program designed for use by children with cognitive, communication, language or learning disabilities or autism. The app enables allows a child to use an Apple iPad to practice listening and reading comprehension skills with a teacher, parent, or independently. Stories can be read aloud with recorded audio.
- Stories can be read independently or read aloud with professional narrations.
- Each story is accompanied by an illustration that supports the meaning of the story via a variety of interactions that come to life with voiceovers and sound effects.
- Following each story is a 10 question quiz containing WH questions (who, what, where, when, why) to assess story comprehension.
- Teachers and parents can track student progress of comprehension goals with automatic scoring for individual students or a small group, and export scores for access outside the app.
- 24 included original stories ranging in readability levels 2-6.
- Configurable text size (small, medium, large, extra-large) and justification.
- Professional narrations read aloud the Included Stories.
- For My Stories, voice recordings are appended within each story.
- Real-time configurable options for animations, readability levels, quizzes (number of answer choices, types of questions, etc.), backup/restore from backup and more.
- Take multiple choice quizzes and create new ones.
- Utilize automatic group scoring to collect scores on WH questions for a group of students.
- Save scores automatically in the app or export them to clipboard and email.
- Colorful illustrations optimized for all generations of iPad.
- Tap and drag images to enable animations.
- Create stories using illustrations that animate and/or photos plus text.
- Automatically save created stories and read them with recorded audio.
- Share stories with quizzes via iTunes File Sharing or email attachments.
- Additional free stories with quizzes at http://ericsailers.com/blog.html.
- Accessibility support via VoiceOver.
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPad.