Switch Radio Link
Approximate Cost: $710.00
The Switch Radio Link is a switch interface unit designed for use by individuals with severe physical disabilities or spinal cord injury. The interface allows wireless connection of switches to computers, communication aids, toys, environmental controls, and other devices.
- The interface enables switches to be operated from anywhere within 12 feet, even through obstacles such as people and furniture.
- It works with all PC switch software that uses a standard switch interface.
- The system includes two transmitters for connecting to switches, and a receiver for connecting to the computer or another controlled device.
- Each of the transmitters has a 3.5-millimeter jack.
- The receiver is connected either to the RS232 serial port of the computer or the sockets of an existing switch adapter.
- Each set of transmitter and receivers has a unique code, printed on the receiver, so multiple interfaces can be used in the same room without interference.
- The transmitters are resistant to interference from other radio emitters such as mobile phones and computers.
- Receiver size: 5.2 x 2.6 x 0.63 inches (132 x 67 x 16 mm).
- Transmitter size: 1.6 x 1.6 x 0.6 inches (40 x 40 x 15 mm).
- Receiver weight: 3.5 oz. (100 g).
- Transmitter weight: 0.7 oz. (20 g).
- Universal version connects to devices via two cables with 3.5-millimeter plugs, recommended for communication aids, environmental controls, and toys.
- USB and Serial versions are recommended for computer applications.