SymWriter 2 is a symbol-supported word processor that any writer, regardless of literacy levels, can use to create documents. It features on-screen grids to make writing accessible to users that need additional help.
- Users can select items from the grids (using a mouse, keyboard, touchscreen or switches) to be automatically added to their document, switch to another grid, or perform a range of actions.
- Writers can use the Widgit Symbols to see the meaning of words as they type.
- Symbols appear above the words as the user types and "smart symbolizing" analyses the text to help select the correct symbols.
- Write with symbols or text.
- Environments support new and emergent writers.
- Create user's own or use pre-made environments.
- Download free and low-cost environments.
- Show symbol choices, even in text mode.
- Adjustable text and symbol size.
- Import graphics to support specific words.
- The Widgit Symbol Set in color and black & white.
- Import photographs and pictures.
- Recolor symbols and change skin tones.
- Smart Symbolizing based on parts of speech.
- Spell checking with symbols.
- Full speech support.
- Full access for one or two switches and switch scanning.
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP compatible.