Approximate Cost: $895.00
The Talara-32 is a communication aid that records human voice and other sounds for playback. The user records messages and then can play them back. It adjusts its memory automatically. It is an electronic communication device with four levels, offers direct and switch scanning access, and flexible size key patterns.
- It has 2 modes:
- PLAY — this mode is for the user. The messages are selected and spoken when the user selects a key either by pressing it directly or by using a switch with scanning. The messages are usually represented with a paper overlay, which may display pictures, photos, graphics or words.
- RECORD — this mode is for the support people who will be setting up the device for the user. this mode the support person can set the size of the keys and record the messages. Some characteristics are changed using controls on the side of the unit (i.e., scan speed and scanning mode).
- The hinged, magnetic overlay retainer is designed to make overlay exchange easy.
- Enlarged key patterns: the number and size of keys can be changed.
- Adjust settings to suit people with varying visual, physical, and cognitive abilities.
- Change key patterns to meet the development and needs of the user.
- All levels must have the same key-pattern.
- There are 45 minutes of available recording time.
- There is no restriction on the amount of recording time per key.
- Keys: 4 x 8 pattern, 2.9 cm (1-1/8 in) square, 3.2 cm (1-1/4 in) between centers.
- Keyboard size: 11.5 x 7.75 inches (29.2 cm W x 19.7 cm H).
- Weight: 1.75 lbs (0.8 kg).
- Levels: 4 - user selectable.
- Maximum number of messages: 127 (4 levels of 32, less one).
- Microphone: 127 (4 levels of 32, less one).
- Speaker: 7.6 cm (3 in) internal permanent magnet speaker.
- Scanning: Visual modes for single switch access: manual-linear & inverse / automatic linear / row-column.
- Battery: Removeable battery pack, 4 x AA alkaline cells.