Teach Me English In ASL (Various Versions)
Teach Me English in ASL is a series of language tutorial programs presented in American Sign Language (ASL) for use by people who are deaf or hard of hearing. The DVD series teaches ASL speakers how to read and write in English.
Teach Me English In ASL - Home Study
The program provides the individual student 185 lessons on 7 DVD discs with one Table of Contents.
Teach Me English In ASL - Classroom
The program consists of 185 lessons on 16 DVD discs in a format designed to facilitate group teaching and study.
These features are common to all versions:
- 185 lessons starting with the alphabet and vowels.
- Step-by-step through rules of English grammar designed to build a solid foundation for learning English.
- Illustrations of all important concepts.
- 400+ role-playing scenarios to help teachers learn how to communicate and write well in English.
- Each lesson has real-life examples with the opportunity for teachers to respond, discuss, practice, and perfect.
- 500+ colorful video graphics with motion effects.
- Emphasis on visual learning.
- Teach through vision.
- Utilizes the deaf’s native language of ASL to teach English as a second language, just like a foreign-language student learns English.
Teach Me English In ASL - Home Study includes these additional features:
- The convenience of studying at home, library, or other desirable location.
- The flexibility and freedom to move at his or her own pace.
- The ability to browse lessons from the DVD menu as desired and required.
- The opportunity to repeat lessons as often as necessary to master concepts.
- Continually reinforced retention of learning.
- An ever-expanding foundation for increasing knowledge.
- A fun learning experience, which motivates a greater desire and ability to learn.
Teach Me English In ASL - Classroom includes these additional features:
- Lessons are organized according to specific topics such as "Nouns," "Adjectives," "Verbs," and so forth.
- Teachers can integrate their lesson plans with individual DVDs.
- Provides teachers with a logical sequence for moving step-by-step through essential grammar concepts.
- Allows teachers to stop and encourage discussion and practice.
- Supports teachers' ability to create an interactive learning environment to enhance retention.
- Allows teachers to evaluate where individual students need additional help.
- Helps teachers assign students homework in specific areas that need extra effort and attention.
These specifications are common to all versions:
- Instructor: James Kittell.
- Format: Color, Widescreen, NTSC, HD.
- Language: English and ASL.
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9.
- Number of Lessons: 185.
- Studio: ASL Media.
- DVD Release Date: August 20, 2012.
Teach Me English In ASL - Home Study includes these additional specifications:
- Number of Discs: 7.
- Run Time: 351 minutes.
Teach Me English In ASL - Classroom includes these additional specifications:
- Number of Discs: 16
- Run Time: 351 minutes.
Options & Accessories:
Accessories are available for purchase. These include but are not limited to:
- Teach Me English in ASL Student Workbook.
This product is discontinued by the manufacturer, but it may still be available for purchase from third party vendors. Try searching the product by name on the internet. Be careful as the manufacturer may no longer support it - or support it for long.