Verbal Victor is an assistive communication app for people and children with emerging communication needs and developmental delays. It allows teachers, parents, and therapists to personalize the content of the app to user's needs using the built-in camera and microphone to create new buttons and sounds.
- Enables an iOS device to function as an alternative and augmentative communication (AAC) system for people who cannot speak or have difficulty speaking.
- The user associates actions with pictures of objects he or she is familiar with such as his or her bed, swing or toys and accompanied vocal output to express wants and needs.
- For example, when the child touches the picture of a swing, a recorded voice (usually of a parent or sibling) says a word or sentence such as "I want to play."
- It comes pre-loaded with buttons for seven different actions.
- A teacher, parent or therapist can personalize the content of the app to the user’s needs using the device's built-in camera or picture library and microphone to create new buttons and sounds.
- Recordings can be made in any language.
- Allows the creation of categories and simplifies navigation between them.
- The user can set the screen to show two, four, or six buttons at a time and swipe left to right to access more screens.
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.