Virtual Reading Coach
Virtual Reading Coach is a reading tutorial program designed for use with children and adults with attention deficit disorder (ADD/ADHD), dyslexia, and other learning disabilities. Appropriate for students aged seven years through adult, this program provides self-paced, individualized reading instruction appropriate to the student's ability level, from those with few or no reading skills through those seeking to improve speed and comprehension. The technology combines audio and video with one-on-one instruction and feedback that responds to the individual student's performance.
- Assessment via MindPlay’s Universal Screener program.
- Phonemic awareness.
- Grammar for meaning.
- Comprehension strategies.
- Silent reading fluency.
Interactive activities that help students stay focused and accelerate progress.
Students benefit from:
- direct, explicit and systematic instruction.
- tiered instruction and remediation.
- virtual reading specialists and speech pathologists.
- self-paced learning and achievement.
- immediate and specific feedback.
- individualized lesson assignments.
- intensive instruction.
- advancement in vocabulary and comprehension for accelerated students.
- practice in English language structure and usage for second language learners.
- levels of instruction appropriate for teen and adult learners.
Teachers benefit from:
- individualized reading instruction for every student.
- a teacher-friendly tool that is adaptive and automated.
- real-time data on student progress and goals.
- class and student-level reporting that facilitates implementation of Response to Intervention (RTI), Multi-Tiered Systems of Instruction (MTSS) and Individualized Education Plans (IEP).
- Students benefit from:
- Module includes:
- opportunity for students to self-monitor results.
- real-time reports and student data.
- district, school, class, and individual student reports of usage, progress, and achievement.
- automated baseline, benchmark, and diagnostic assessments.
- automated progress monitoring.
- Compatible with Android, Mac, and Windows.