VisionKey is an eye controlled communication that enables users with severe physical disabilities to type and talk with their eyes. Lightweight and head mounted, VisionKey gives users communication independence and control in their lives by simply "looking". The system also gives them each a voice by enabling them to control a speech synthesizer in the VisionKey unit or on the computer. Now users can write letters, play games, surf the net and listen to multi-media sound just by moving their eyes.
VisionKey combines a viewer mounted on a pair of standard frames with a small control unit. An eye tracker and a microcomputer measure the position of the eye and when a selection is made, it appears on the control unit LCD and on the computer. Users look at a specific word, letter or character on the chart in front of their eye and "type" by holding their gaze until a selection is confirmed by a green highlight and a beep.
- Portability - home, office, school, care facility
- Flexibility - computer control, person-to-person communication
- Multi-platform capability - PC, Mac
- Versatility - desktop, notebook computers
- Multi-positional - sitting, reclining, lying down
- Good eye control in one eye
- Text-based skills to make selections
- Cognitive ability to understand and complete the selection process
- Wheelchair mountable
- Compact, lightweight
- Works with standard software applications
- Compatible with rate enhancement software
- Independent of non-violent head/body movements
- Quiet, noise-insensitive
- Customer carrying case
- Graduated learning
- Built in battery/charger
- Five-point calibration
- Operates environmental control units (ECU)
- VisionKey 5.3, combined standard (direct selection) and scanning model
- VisionKey 6.3V, 6.3H, scanning (vertical or horizontal) model for users with limited eye control.
- VisionKey 7.3, evaluation model for distribution partners and rehabilitation centres
For more information on this product, please refer to the manufacturer's website.