Visual Impact 3
Visual Impact 3 is a personal skills and independent living tutorial app for people with cognitive or developmental disabilities. The app provides step-by-step multimedia instructions for use by individuals needing help to perform daily tasks of all kinds.
- The program covers several life activity domains, including education, employment, independent living, recreation, and transition.
- It provides step-by-step multimedia instructions to perform daily tasks such as making a grilled cheese sandwich, learning important personal skills for applying for a job, and how to take blood pressure at home.
- Users can create their own custom tasks.
- Users can build tasks for any activity, add pictures from their iPad photo library or take new photos as they build the task.
- Users can record their own verbal instructions to go along with each step.
- The user can access the online Learning Library to download learning topics by pressing and holding the app's "Cloud" button.
- Learning items are available on the user's home screen after they are downloaded.
- Each task includes visual and auditory prompts on the interface for following step-by-step instructions in a self-directed manner.
- All multimedia task instruction sets created with Visual Impact 3 can be edited with new pictures, additional steps or audio instructions to personalize learning activities.
- Multiple users can use the same device by customizing their own task library.
- Each user can customize the app's interface to show or hide the most control buttons on the screen.
- The app can also be set to ignore accidental double taps on navigation buttons.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, and Android.
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later on Apple devices.