Visules is a cognitive aid and prompter app designed for parents and caregivers to use with their children or adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder. People with disabilities also can use it independently. The program creates and communicates checklists and individual cues using text, images, and colors.
- The program allows the user to access visual cues when needed.
- Can store large collections of visual supports, and keep them organized.
- Can customize and evolve supports, changing data over time to meet needs.
- The Actions tab provides a customizable collection of actions. Actions are organized into categories to make them more accessible.
- Each Action can belong to any number of categories.
- Actions can be assigned a color to provide an additional visual cue.
- Images for actions can be created either by taking a photo when the action is created or by assigning an existing image from the iPhone photo library directly from the Action edit interface.
- All Flows, Categories, and Actions (within a category) are organized in alphabetical order.
- Actions within a flow may be checked-off as they are accomplished, to provide a visual cue for progress through the flow. Checked actions may be cleared individually, or all at once to restart the flow.
- Through the Settings tab, the Visules interface may be placed in Edit mode, to allow editing of Flows, Actions, and Categories. List mode hides all editing controls and functionality, providing a simpler interface for normal use.
- For use with the Apple iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
- Requires Apple iOS 3.0 or later.
This product is discontinued by the manufacturer, but it may still be available for purchase from third party vendors. Try searching the product by name on the internet. Be careful as the manufacturer may no longer support it - or support it for long.