Voice Dream Scanner
Using the native iOS camera, the Voice Dream Scanner app can "scan" paper documents for text and then read that text out loud. For example, users can photograph mail, food packaging, or a shop sign. The app automatically detects which language the material is in and does not require an Internet connection to use.
- Live edges/crop detection.
- Batch mode for scanning multiple pages quickly.
- Intelligent auto capture.
- Automatic edge detection for stretching and cropping.
- Manually cropping.
- Automatic orientation detection and rotation.
- Manual image rotation.
- Automatic image enhancement.
- Fast: a couple of seconds on the latest iPhone.
- Offline: does not require Internet connection.
- Private: image and text stay on device.
- Automatic language detection.
- Option to see image or recognized text.
Text To Speech:
- Choose from 61 voices.
- Premium voices in Voice Dream Reader available.
- Change speech rate.
- Option to start reading as soon as OCR is complete.
- Spoken word is highlighted in the text or the image.
- Rewind and fast forward by text section (VoiceOver users only).
- Double tap on text to start reading from there.
Import and Export:
- Load from Photo Library.
- Share extension for sending images to Scanner from another app.
- Export plain text.
- Export PDF with text layer under the image so that it's accessible, searchable and selectable.
- Export to Voice Dream Reader as PDF.
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Options & Accessories:
- Available separately, or as part of the Voice Dream Complete Suite Bundle.
See product in Apple's App Store.