WH Questions is a multi-player speech training and language tutorial game designed specifically to help children who have communication or speech disabilities or autism answer and ask WH questions. It features over 400 WH opportunities to answer and ask real-world questions.
- When WH Questions first opens, the adult has the option of looking at results, starting a new game, adjusting settings, or viewing support.
- By tapping the “new game” button, the adult is brought to the player's screen. Here the adult can select a current student or add a new student.
- WH Questions is fully compatible with the Therapy Report Center (TRC), which allows the adult to import students from the TRC and export data to TRC for report writing.
- After the players are selected, the adult must select what type of WH questions should be asked.
- Questions available include: Why, How, Where, Who, When, and What.
- Because WH Questions is a multi-player game, the adult must choose the type of questions for each student by touching the appropriate box.
- Once the questions are selected, play begins. The picture stimulus is shown with the WH Question posed at the top of the page and an audio recording asks the question.
- At the top of the page is a record button which allows the student to record his or her answers.
- A play button is provided to allow the student to develop self-monitoring skills and determine if the answers make sense.
- Data is collected by clicking the appropriate square.
- Alternately, if the target is for the student to ASK questions, the written questions can be removed to allow the student to ask the question.
- The Record button could be used to record the student asking the question instead of the answer. In this scenario, the adult would track if the target was asking or answering questions.
- When the session is complete, a touch to the All Done button brings the app to the reports function.
- Highlighting the student’s name will bring up that student’s data.
- A graph is provided showing the session date, the WH Question(s) targeted, and the percent accurate.
- The squares are colored-coded to indicate accuracy: green 80% or better, pink under 80%, white not addressed that session.
- Data collection reports can be exported to The Therapy Report Center for progress monitoring and report writing.
- A settings button is accessible from the home page that allows the adult to tailor WH Questions for the child’s specific needs.
- By selecting OFF the questions will finish one type of WH question before moving to the next.
- Selecting OFF removes the written question from the picture. This is for working with students who are working on attending to auditory stimuli or whose goal is to ask questions.
- Transition sounds. Allows the adult to determine if there is auditory feedback between questions.
- At times, the adult may want to ask more than one question for each student. Selecting the number of questions per student makes it possible to increase the number of opportunities per student between turns.
- 1-6 players per game, each player has their own individual goals.
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French.