What's the Expression
What's the Expression is a behavior training app and an independent living and personal skills tutorial program designed for use by parents or teachers working with children with emotional or developmental disabilities or autism.
- It is designed to help children with special needs learn to express different emotions such as happiness, sadness, anger, and surprise.
- It allows a parent or teacher to use their iOS device to teach a child about various emotions such as happy, angry, tired, surprised, and sneaky using graphics with facial expressions.
- Pictures of emotions with corresponding facial expressions and words written under them are displayed one at a time on the screen in the training section.
- In the trial section, four pictures of emotions are shown together on the right side of the screen.
- The child is asked to select the picture of the emotion displayed in the text prompt on the left side.
- Each correct response is rewarded with a cheerful animation.
- After the child answers the final question, a score screen appears, followed by another animation.
- Available languages include English, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.