Personal Support technologies provide assistance in managing the demands of everyday life. These might assist with taking notes of the details of upcoming events, or providing reminders of when those events are going to occur. More broadly, they can provide awareness of what time it is, and of when it is time to do something like getting up in the morning, going to a meeting, or taking medications. Personal Support technologies can also be used to help a person know where they are in their community, and provide guidance to a location like the doctors office, a meeting with friends, or even the way back home. What kind of assistance are you looking for?
- Environmental Pointers (2)
- Object Locators (7) - Help find keys, phones, and other small objects lost in the home.
- Provides step-by-step instructions (6)
- Reading Aids (163) - Help with reading books, mail, bills, and more.
- Note Taking (48) - Short messages to remind you of important things.
- Time Management (79) - What time and date is it now, and when do I need to do things.
- Where am I, and Where Am I Going (45) - Using external references, a tool to identify a person's location on the map. The information may be intended to be used by the user, or by caregivers.
- Physical Access (pointers and styluses) (3) - For people with movement limitations or too large fingers, more precise pointers.
- Other (120) - Products in the "Personal Support" category that do not fit into one or more of the categories above