CakeTalking for SONAR
CakeTalking for SONAR is an accessibility program that gives blind audio producers access to the SONAR professional-level digital audio workstation software.
- Customizes the JAWS for Windows screen reader so blind users can access the SONAR software, which people can use to convert their PCs into recording studios.
- Includes a set of detailed tutorials in the form of electronic documents of hundreds of pages that instruct the JAWS user on all the “how to’s”.
- Fully compatible with JAWS 16 and earlier all the way back to JAWS 7.1. Includes reliable workarounds that make these JAWS versions stable while running SONAR.
- Channel Tools Plug-in is accessible and useful in creative mixing. It provides channel processing for gain, delay, stereo panning, and Mid-Side decoding. Channel Tools is used for enhancing and adjusting stereo separation for stereo tracks and full mixes, and correcting faults in existing stereo recordings.
- Laptop keyboard layout is supported. Fully functional when using a laptop that has no numpad.
- Use ALT+ Extended DOWN ARROW, to move to the next recorded track, and ALT+ Extended UP ARROW, to move to the prior recorded track.
- CakeTalking 8.8 for SONAR 8.5 requires SONAR 8.5 Producer or SONAR 8.5 Studio edition. (CakeTalking is not compatible with the Cakewalk SONAR Home Studio product).
- Works only with Windows XP (Home or Professional) Windows Vista, or Windows 7 on either a 64-bit or 32-bit machine.
- Run with JAWS version 16 or earlier.
- To record high-quality, digital audio with SONAR the user should have a second, high-quality audio interface (soundcard).