ClaroRead (Various Editions)
ClaroRead is designed to be a simple, easy-to-use, and flexible software program that helps you to read, write, and study. It also lets you read aloud scanned paper books and documents.
Reads any PDF or other document. It can also read and highlight web pages and save text as audio speech files.
Includes a wide range of document proofing functions, such as spellcheck, phonetic word prediction, mindmapping, and other features.
ClaroRead Pro (Windows only)
Includes advanced PDF output options, such as compression and password protection, as well as the ability to proof scans with custom dictionaries and characters.
A subscription-based cloud service that was designed to be used by multiple users. This edition also allows users to sync their ClaroRead files across any device, including their computers, tablets, and smartphones.
A Google Chrome add-on extension that includes the ClaroRead SE features.
A subscription-based cloud version that includes a selection of the ClaroRead SE features built into a user's Microsoft Word account. It allows users to sync their ClaroRead files across any device, including their computers, tablets, and smartphones via their Microsoft Office 360 account.
These features are common to all versions:
- Can read back letters, words and sentences as they are typed or clicking anywhere in a Word document and pressing the play button on the toolbar will read out the text, highlighting each sentence as it is spoken, with each individual word spoken in a contrasting colour.
- Greys or dims out sentences not being spoken out to allow the user to concentrate on the sentence being read.
- Can convert text into an audio file that can be transferred to an MP3 player, iPod or mobile phone and played back.
- Can scan paper & convert PDF Files Into Word; facility to save To video.
ClaroRead SE and ClaroRead for Chromebook include these additional features:
- Can change layout, font styling, text and background colours, check a word for spelling, meaning, homophones and dictionary definitions in Microsoft Word, prediction tool with multiple prediction dictionaries and option to build subject specific prediction files and add 'confusable or tricky words,' Speaking Calculator, and ScreenRuler.
ClaroRead Plus includes these additional features:
- Scans and converts paper documents in several languages into editable Microsoft Word documents, built in Optical Character Recognition engine, converts PDF files into Microsoft Word editable documents and can convert documents to an accessible PDF; Pro with all the Plus features and the facility to proofread a scanned document.
ClaroRead Pro includes these additional features:
- Advanced PDF output options (password, version, compression).
- Proof scans with custom dictionaries and characters.
- Includes iPad, iPhone and Android Apps (ClaroPDF, ScanPen, ClaroSpeak).
ClaroRead Chromebook includes these additional features:
- Add-on extension for Google Chrome.
ClaroRead Word includes these features:
- Playback your document exactly as you see it on the screen – no need to change mode – so you can follow easily what you are working on.
- Highlight the current sentence as it goes so you can track the sense of your writing.
- Choose the colour of highlighting you want to use to maximise sense and comfort.
- Choose from a system or online voices from Claro Software (requires an Internet connection).
- Select any text to hear it read aloud.
- Mac OS X: 10.6 and above (excluding ClaroRead Pro).
- Windows XP, Vista and 7.
- ClaroRead Cloud is compatible with Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android.
See Manufacturer's website about ClaroRead Windows.
See Manufacturer's website about ClaroRead Mac.
See Manufacturer's website about ClaroRead Cloud.
See Manufacturer's website about ClaroRead Chromebook.
See Manufacturer's website about ClaroRead Word.