Grid Player App
Grid Player is a free Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) app that helps people who cannot speak to communicate, including those who use symbols or whose speech is unclear. Users can create sentences that are spoken out loud and use the app in education for people with learning difficulties or special needs, and with young children. Grid Player is also suitable for people with a wide range of communication difficulties and disabilities, including cerebral palsy, motor-neuron disease (ALS), autism, apraxia, traumatic brain injury, stroke, and deafness.
- Grid Player is designed for use with Grid 3 and The Grid 2, allowing grids to be played on an iPad.
- If users don't have Grid 3 or The Grid 2, they can use Grid Player with four complete grid sets: Symbol Talker A, Symbol Talker B, Talking Photographs and Text Talker Phrasebook.
- Over 12,000 Widgit and SymbolStix Symbols.
- High-quality male and female voices.
- “TouchType” word prediction for faster typing.
- Prediction suggestions with symbols to help with word recognition.
- Word list grids for large topics.
- Copy sentences to use with Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Symbol Talker A and B:
- Dynamic screen AAC.
- Uses Widgit symbols.
- Over 2,000 unique words in over 50 topics.
- Two vocabulary sizes (levels A and B).
- Talking photographs:
- Over 1000 vivid photographs.
- 42 categories.
- Inspirational for education and communication.
- Text Talker Phrasebook:
- Over 100 instant phrases.
- 10 topics to discuss.
- Quick response buttons for answering questions.
- Size: 20.2 MB.
- Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating: Rated 4+.
Options & Accessories:
- Available in the following languages:
- English (UK, Canada, US or Australia), Arabic, Czech, Dutch (Netherlands or Belgium), French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal or Brazil), Spanish, Swedish.
See product in Apple’s App Store.