Sentence Key (Various Versions)
The Sentence Key apps are language tutorial programs for beginning language learners that enables them to create a sentence with words or picture symbols and then see the sentence animated. It is suitable for special education needs, including augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) users and learners with autism, orthopedic impairment or language disorders.
Includes 72 sentences and animated pictures.
Sentence Key Chores
Comes with 91 new sentences and pictures.
These features are common to all versions:
- This program helps children learn how to put words together to make simple sentences by providing a structure within which the child can choose what words go together to make a sentence.
- The meaning in each statement is illustrated by an animated picture.
- A star is awarded if it was completed without any incorrect selections.
- After 10 sentences the student is presented with a new set of symbols.
- There are about 30 symbols.
- Sentences concern activities such as eating, drinking, pouring, cleaning, sweeping, and household chores.
- After clicking on the Teacher button, the teacher can change the selection of symbols shown on the screen and set the difficulty level to easy, medium or hard.
- The program comes in two volumes, with animations and sets of Picture Communication Symbols (PCS).
- Select four symbols or words to "write" a sentence.
- Text and speech in correct grammatical form.
- Touch the text below the animation to replay and hear it again.
- Word-by-word highlighting promotes word recognition.
- Choices are color-coded (yellow-subject, green-verb, orange-object).
- User-friendly: no in-app purchases, ads or links.
- Supports the common core standards in Language Arts.
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Options & Accessories:
See Sentence Key in Apple’s App Store.
See Sentence Key Chores in Apple’s App Store.