TICO is a free, open source symbol (or text) based dynamic display alternative and augmentative communication (AAC) program for individuals with physical and or cognitive disabilities.
- Boards can be created and re-arranged as needed.
- Make recordings in the button editing pop-up window.
- Record audio or video.
- Editor mode allows users to design boards containing cell-items, which can be related to images, sounds, environment control as well as some navigation links among the set of boards contained in a TICO project.
- Interpreter mode allows the user to create a board by direct selection (via touch screen, mouse, head or eye tracker) or by scanning (which is built into the software).
- The Interpreter application is equipped with a sweeping function that facilitates access for people with reduced mobility.
- Can be used to create activities with adapted curriculum content, incorporating photographs or videos related to the work area.
- The elements of the board selected by the user can be grouped to build sentences, which can be read by the application itself.
- Available in Spanish and English.
- Runs on Microsoft Windows and Android devices.
Options & Accessories:
- Available as part of the AraTools suite along with AraWord, MICE, and AraBoard.
- Available as part of the AraSuite application.