ClaroSpeak (Various Editions)
ClaroSpeak is a reading and writing app with text-to-speech, formatting controls, fonts and styles, and cloud storage integration. It offers the option of visual highlighting in-sync with the spoken words, color and font settings to allow for optimum reading and word prediction to help with writing. It also is an app for proofreading text through listening, helping with creating audio files from any text.
Free version that uses system voices only.
Comes with four high-quality voices installed.
Uses text-to-speech to let users speak back any text they paste into its editing area or open from their Windows 10 PC or Phone.
Use a best-quality voice provided with ClaroRead Mac or any high-quality macOS system voice.
Enables users to speak Word and PDF documents out loud and change their appearance to help with reading.
Works in any modern browser on any device, enabling speech anywhere on any device.
These features are common to all versions:
- Text-to-speech with choice of voices.
- Make the voice speak faster or slower to suit.
- Word prediction takes account of word frequency and previous words.
- There is an initial word prediction list loaded on startup, and ClaroSpeak can learn new words as they are typed.
- Choose a photo, screenshot, or an image with text and have this text extracted into ClaroSpeak.
- Coordinate reading and listening via text highlighting as the text is read back. Pick the color and style of highlighting required.
- Change the font type, size or color.
- Layout the text for easier reading by adjusting the character, line, and paragraph spacing and adjusting the page margins.
- Convert any text into an audio file with any of the voices.
- Text created within ClaroSpeak can be emailed, sent via SMS, Airdrop, or copied and pasted into another app.
- Dropbox and Google Drive integration
ClaroSpeak Plus includes these additional features:
- Use any of the in-built iOS system voices to hear the text in a foreign language spoken aloud and listen back to the text as it is typed.
- Allows continued listening to a document while using other apps.
- Built-in correction list automatically corrects misspelled words.
ClaroSpeak Windows includes these additional features:
- Supports UK and U.S. English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Polish, Russian and Spanish. (Voices are installed by adding a free Microsoft Language Pack in Windows.)
ClaroSpeak Mac includes these additional features:
- Includes an easy-to-use reader for Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word DOCX, and other text files, and is included with ClaroRead Mac.
- Word prediction in English and Swedish.
- Can use the built-in macOS spellcheck.
ClaroSpeak Chromebook includes these additional features:
- Real-sounding synthesized speech to help proofread and read books and documents in English, Spanish, Swedish, French, Dutch, Italian, Chinese, Russian, Indonesian, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Dutch, Polish, and Portuguese.
- Use the advanced Google spellcheck.
ClaroSpeak Web includes these additional features:
- Word prediction in English, Arabic, Polish, French and Swedish.
- Bring up definitions for any word and hear them read aloud.
- Use the built-in browser spellcheck where available.
ClaroSpeak and ClaroSpeak Plus includes these specifications:
- Compatible with devices running iOS.
ClaroSpeak Windows includes these specifications:
- Windows 10 PC or Phone.
ClaroSpeak Mac includes these specifications:
- Mac OSX 10.11 or above.
- 2GB RAM.
- 920MB hard disk space (ClaroRead Plus).
- 620MB hard disk space (ClaroRead SE).
- Plus 200MB-650MB for each voice.
ClaroSpeak Chromebook includes these specifications:
- Google Chrome on Microsoft Windows or Apple Mac OSX.
ClaroSpeak Web includes these specifications:
- Works in any modern browser on any device.
Options & Accessories:
- Available also as part of the bundle ClaroRead iOS App Bundle which includes Claro ScanPen, ClaroPDF Pro & ClaroSpeak Plus.
See Manufacturer’s website about ClaroSpeak Windows.
See Manufacturer’s website about ClaroSpeak Mac.
See Manufacturer’s website about ClaroSpeak Chrome.
See Manufacturer’s website about ClaroSpeak Web.