WebbIE is a free Web browser for blind and visually-impaired people that enables them to browse web pages, search the web, fill in forms, do e-commerce, and use online email.
- Shows web pages as plain text.
- Custom Google web search function.
- Enables fill-in of forms. Users can use e-commerce and online shops and online email like Gmail.
- Features jump to headings and navigation with single keystrokes.
- List links on a page and cursor around them to find out where to go.
- Can access and add to Internet Explorer Favorites.
- Change font size and font so users can make text big and readable for them.
- Uses system colors so the user can select yellow-on-black and high visibility schemes for maximum readability.
- Fully translated into a dozen languages and displays web pages written in any language.
- Opens RSS News Feed for sites, which enables the user to quickly skip to the page they want.
- Runs on Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10. 32- or 64-bit versions are all supported.
- The Microsoft .Net Framework 4 Client Version is required, but the installer should install it automatically.
- Works with any screen reader, including JAWS, Window-Eyes, Thunder, NVDA, and Narrator.