Adaptive or Assistive Products
Assistive technologies allow a person with a disability to do things that a non-disabled person can do without assistance. The assistive technology needed depends on the task to be performed, and can be thought of in broad categories:
- Some types of AT are intended to help a person participate in education, from kindergarten through college.
- Part of a balanced life, for everyone, is entertainment. These technologies allow a person with limitations to participate in activities for fun.
- AT software can allow a person with a disability to perform a wide range of activities for many purposes.
- Some assistive technologies make the physical environment more accessible or easy to control.
- Some assistive technologies help a person with a disability manage their health or their home more independently.
What kind of accommodation are you looking for?
- Access to Education (611) - Accessibility tools for the classroom or homework.
- Access to Entertainment (377) - Access to leisure activities.
- AT Software (279) - Software to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
- Environmental Accomodations (102) - Tools to monitor and control the physical environment
- Home Health and Safety (74) - Tools to allow personal management of health issues and home safety.
- Other (36) - Products in the "Adaptive or Assistive Products" category that do not fit into one or more of the categories above